 Star Wars / 9700
Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 20:26:00 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
But I actually *like* Elmo even though I detest Barney.  How do you • explain
that?

The Sesame Street magazine had an article on the child psych design of
Elmo's world.  Each aspect of the 15 minute segment has a purpose.  Adult
humor is slid in (jokes that obviously will fly over the heads of children
much like Robin William's performance in Disney's Alladin).

Even the little kids on Barney are nauseating.

-Rob.
(who watches Bear in the Big Blue House with his 3 year old, my choice of
channels not his ;-)