 Star Wars / 9698
Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 19:30:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Faunce writes:
"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
Jar-Jar is like Barney the Dinosaur -- it's hard not to love to hate him!

Words obviously spoken by a man without small kids.

How could you tell?  ;-)

Barney (and Elmo) is an hour of uninterrupted time in which you can actually
get something done.  With Elmo or Barney gracing the screen I can supervise
with one eye and be doing something else.

Mike (proud parent of a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old) Faunce

Back in the mid-90's when Barney-bashing was at its height, I remember hearing
about a lot of adults *with* small children who were going crazy from all the
Barneymania (uh, the adults, that is...not the kids :-).

But I actually *like* Elmo even though I detest Barney.  How do you explain
that?  And I hate Jar-Jar far, far, far more than I hate Ewoks.  I guess I
wouldn't even say that I hate Ewoks -- I just found them annoying because they
didn't look real enough -- you could tell they were fur suits.

--Todd