 Star Wars / 9327
Re: New Stormtroopers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:35:27 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:

It *has* been the case with Star Wars.

The only young Obi-Wan minifig is only in a $50 set.

The only source (currently) for Princess Leia and C3P0 is the Millenium
Falcon (a $100 set).  If you discount the minifig collectors sets, then
Chewbacca is only available in the MF, too.

If you want to count Sebulba and Gasgano as figures, they only appear in a
$90 set.

For more than a year, Darth Vader was only available in a single $50 set.

Meanwhile, we've got hordes of Luke Skywalkers, Qui Gon Jinns, and Jar Jar
Binks.

Steve

I think that there is something of an inverse relationship about this Luke fig.
- he is the most marketable character to parents/young kids who aren't
necessarily big fans. Luke has maybe a dozen different costumes - farm boy,
pilot, Jedi in black, Bespin luke (keeping my fingers crossed), etc., etc.  Lego
puts most of the sought-after characters in large sets for obvious reasons, but
then sprinkles Luke throughout the line to encourage multiple purchases - either
way, it's big sales.