 Star Wars / 9313
Re: What color do you think they will be was:(Re: New Stormtroopers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:54:29 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
OK here is a question what color do you think the highlights on the
Stormtroopers will be?  And what color do you think they should be?  This is
one of the common color missconceptions within Star Wars and I wonder if LEGO
will get it right.

Actually lets see how long it takes to get the correct color and I will give
you a hint...

It's not Black.

Wow - great trivia question.  Midnight blue?

Close enough.  Stormtrooper highlights are indead a shade of dark Blue.  That
said I bet we get black with the LEGO Stormtrooper seeing they couldn't even
get the color of the Falcon right.

Regarding Lego Stormtroopers, I'm
wondering if they will have the Scout-Trooper goggle-faces or just a black
head? My guess is that they will have the goggles, but I'd prefer plain black
for use as architectural elements.  On a ST-related note, let's hope that
we'll see a Snow-Trooper and perhaps even an AT-AT driver (which would
necessitate a non- Mindstorms AT-AT.)  The inclusion of Imperial troops to the
line really opens up a mother-lode of possibilities.

Well looking at the low quality picture we have so far it looks like the
helmet is pretty solid plus the neck needs to be black, oops I mean blue, not
yellow.  I would guess we will get a solid colored head, probably black.

I too like the fact that we are finally getting some decent Imperials.  I was
starting to wonder what was so hard in defeating them when it was just Darth
Vader and a couple of Scout Troopers.  Now the Rebels finally a have a little
competition.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/