 Star Wars / 9301
Re: New Stormtroopers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:14:31 GMT

So...is there a tie pilot too?  Man I feel like I've been in a cave...
Matt

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Matt Penney writes:
Maybe I missed the boat and this is OLD news but in the 2001 pics I swear I
see a classic stormtrooper.  Yes?

Yes you do which is great but by the picture it looks like we will only get • it
in one set (TIE Fighter) and there will only be one.  So I am happy we will
finally get the Stormtrooper but I am somewhat upset that it will still be
very
difficult to build and army of them.

You're just never going to be happy, are you? :D

Not until I can get a couple hundred of these without breaking the bank!

Seriously, though, judging by the Battle Droid 3-pack, I'd be willing to bet
that in the next round of minifig 3-packs, we'll see a Stormtrooper 3-pack. • I
just wonder who they're going to pack with it- I hope it's some kind of
commander Stormtrooper (like the commander battle droid) but with a removable
shoulder pad or something.

That would be my hope.  Plus that way you can just demote a few commanders to
get the ratio's right.  I fear however that they will do something like • package
a Stormtrooper, TIE Pilot, and another Imperial together.  That would be great
for setting up a scene with the emporer comming off his shuttle but not for a
nice battle scene.

Personally I would prefer something like the Speeder Bike set where for $10 • you
get 2 Stormtroopers, another fig, and some parts.  That way I could defray my
cost by selling the extra parts.  Of course I don't think LEGO would prefer it
that way.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/