 Star Wars / 5793
Re: Micro Scout not too stupid ! (wasRe: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 18:31:46 GMT

Christian Gemuenden wrote in message ...
Actually, I also thought the Micro Scout would only include 7 built in
programs which is rather boring. But the chip is not stupid it all. We can
hope that TLG brings out the cool connection between Scout and Micro Scout.
Please check:
http://www.legomindstorms.com/products/rds/hackers.asp
and read the paragraph "Scout controlling the Micro Scout through VLL
Protocol" - this looks pretty cool! Maybe we can finally program the Micro
Scout, but I am not yet sure how. At least it's good to know that TLG is
planning here too so that the Micro Scout might be more intelligent one • day.
Though: It will never be as cool as a RCX-brick, which can use touch • sensors
and many others...

I thought than the P setting on the Micro scout might mean that they might
have plans for a  CP3O and they could interact. Then again they may have
just left an option for future programs.

Rose