 Star Wars / 5701
RE: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 14:12:51 GMT

<snip>That's because in Europe (Eastern Europe at least) kids mature
earlier.  At
age 14 or 15 they already have to pick what they want to do with their life,
whether to go to middle school or job training.  By the time they're 18,
they
can speak at least 2 if not 3 languages while some 18yr olds in the US can't
even locate the US on the world map.</snip>
<rant>

Easy there Jezek, I'm 18 right now and can speak Russian, German, and
English.  I can do 7 different programming languages, have a 3.9 out of 4.0
GPA, and taking college classes to supplement what my current High school
can't handle due to costs of the equipment.

And at age 14 to 15, if you have decided what you want to do, you have been
brainwashed into believing it, only at 17 did I decide I wanted to peruse CS
as a job, even now I'm tossing up between programming and networking.

And yes, there are the few Americans that can't locate possible certain
states, but if you lived where a single state is the size of YOUR entire
country, my response would be to shut up and get a wee bit more informed.
</rant>

Now back onto the Lego track, the DDK was pretty poor, the DSDK will be just
as poor, the only thing I would want are the instructions for the ATAT.

Clint Rutkas
cRutkas@techie.com
http://www.pronerd.com
http://members.xoom.com/rutkas

Fight Reality, Question History, Revolutionize the Future