 Star Wars / 5712
Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:53:18 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dan Jezek writes:
That's because in Europe (Eastern Europe at least) kids mature earlier.  At
age 14 or 15 they already have to pick what they want to do with their life,
whether to go to middle school or job training.  By the time they're 18, they
can speak at least 2 if not 3 languages while some 18yr olds in the US can't
even locate the US on the world map.

And what is the point of picking out your kob at 14? That is just ridiculous,
IMO. And keep in mind that American kids are required to take a second
language in high school, mainly Spanish or French, which are both commonly
spoken in many areas of the US. And, trust me, 99% of Americans can locate the
US on a map. I don't understand why these rude comments were needed.