 Star Wars / 5746
5745  |  5747
Subject:
Micro Scout not too stupid ! (wasRe: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:06:07 GMT

Actually, I also thought the Micro Scout would only include 7 built in
programs which is rather boring. But the chip is not stupid it all. We can
hope that TLG brings out the cool connection between Scout and Micro Scout.
Please check:
http://www.legomindstorms.com/products/rds/hackers.asp
and read the paragraph "Scout controlling the Micro Scout through VLL
Protocol" - this looks pretty cool! Maybe we can finally program the Micro
Scout, but I am not yet sure how. At least it's good to know that TLG is
planning here too so that the Micro Scout might be more intelligent one day.
Though: It will never be as cool as a RCX-brick, which can use touch sensors
and many others...

Bye, Christian.

Peter A. Vogel <pavogel@pacbell.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
Fp7q1s.GMo@lugnet.com...
Well, if we assume they aren't writing new "builtin" programs for the
microscout for this
set, I'd have to assume that it is like the STAP droid set from the DDK,
intended to work
with program 7, and if you "win" you blow its head off or something...