 Star Wars / 4110
Re: Picture of Falcon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:36:06 GMT

James Simpson wrote:
I hope that you're right, but if it is not somehow officially associated with
TLG, then where did that canopy come from?

I'm suspecting MegaBlocks or another clone, but I have no proof...  Yet...

Also, I'm puzzled about something .
. . take a look at the radar dish.  Notice the white coloration that appears
between the webbing where it shouldn't be?  Is this just a flaw in the digital
image, or is it possible that the photo has been modified?  Please tell me that
this photo is only a fiendish trick.

This photo is definitely a chop jop.  At the very least, all the background
except for some schmuck's hand has been masked.  Looks like parts of the aft
section and neck were cut out as well.  And the whole image is suffering from
severe JPEG compression.  Quality is about on par with the Weekly World News.

However, if it's legit then it'd be a decent parts set.  Gray macaroni bricks,
lotsa wing pieces, some hinge pieces...

Cheers,
- jsproat

It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.
  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.
               It's the same log.  It's the same log.  It's the same log.