 Star Wars / 4123
Re: Picture of Falcon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 02:39:34 GMT

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 23:59:23 GMT, "Robert Brunskill" <robb@macconnect.com>
wrote:

I think I just realized why this photo is so funky. It's a cyan and black
color plate from a print, I don't see any obvious Magenta or Yellow. This
means that any details done primarily with Magenta and Yellow won't show up.
This could be why parts on the Falcon's left side, and if you look closely,
most of its back side is missing.

Try looking at the model with the idea that parts are missing, not detailed
by the Cyan plate. I would say that the full model will look a lot better
than this picture, if for no other reason than the missing back side is
throwing off the whole balance and appearance of the model. Try to envision
a back end and you might see what I mean.

I see what you mean.  Could all that missing detail really be the lack of
Magenta and Yellow?

So I'm imagining the picture with two more UFO hulls on back side.  Yeah, that
does help balance things out.  Now I'm hoping that the fact that *nothing* is
showing from the back half means that the back isn't made out of UFO hulls.

Steve
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where it keeps its brain."