 Star Wars / 4106
Re: Picture of Falcon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:12:07 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Geoff Hardy writes:
That looks either:

a) like a fan design, or
b) an early mockup

that does NOT look like a final TLG product to me.

Nor to me.  At the very least, I would expect a final version to have a
printed piece for the cockpit.

I have faith in them and so should you. Shame on you! :-)

However, I have NO illusions about the Falcon myself. I expect it to be out
of scale and under-sized. NOT because I think TLG doesn't know what they are
doing, but because TLG knows what the market can handle. I'm sorry, but
there are not enough of us purist/enthusiasts/whatever to support or justify
the price of a full-scale Falcon the way WE would like to see it done. What
parent in their right mind is going to spend more than 100 bucks on it? Not
many, and TLG will want to make this kit accessible to most children who got
all the other SW Lego sets.

I bet there's more parents willing to spend more than $100 on a MF model for
their kids (and more kids clamoring for one!) than for a pirate ship, or a big
castle.  Or a train, or a big spaceship, or... oh wait, it is a big spaceship
:)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/