 Star Wars / 4133
Re: Picture of Falcon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 15:35:01 GMT

This photo is definitely a chop jop.  At the very least, all the background
except for some schmuck's hand has been masked.  Looks like parts of the aft
section and neck were cut out as well.  And the whole image is suffering from
severe JPEG compression.  Quality is about on par with the Weekly World News.

No builder in the world unaffiliated with TLG, with this much ability, would in
his/her right mind ever go to so much trouble to piss off his fellow builders.
Why would anyone bother designing a mock-up like this, with just the right
amount of TLG styling to make it totally believable, just to annoy everyone?

I'm sorry, but I've already reached the "Acceptance" stage in this, the death
of my would-be dream for this model.

With apologies, I'm still going to buy it.  My sickness knows no bounds.
I've been space-complete for 21 years (on and off), and I'm not yet willing to
cease the perpetuation of this collecting.  It's still really fun for
me, and besides, I'll agree with others about one thing here:  it still looks
like a good part assortment.

The moral of the story:  TLG has all the power...and they must realize by
now that people will buy whatever piece of crap that comes along.  This set,
along with the UFO, Spyrius, and Insectoid series (barring last year's deficit)
will ultimately prove it.  As a result, perhaps their designs will continue to
go down the drain, as they already appear to be doing.  After all, why put real
effort into the designs, if kids will buy any old thing anyway?

Maybe Lucas will see the disappointing designs and yank the license.  Then Lego
will have no choice but to come out with Unitron II and Blacktron III!

YEAHHH!!!!!

Enough babbling...

Dave