 Star Wars / 4111
Re: SW 2000 List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:43:23 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Charles Spindell writes:
Remember the list that was posted at www.theouterrim.com?  When I first read
it, I was very suspicious about its authenticity.  But so far, from what has
been revealed, it looks like the list is right on.

The list contains an AT-ST so we can finally look forward to some
stormtrooper.  But what in the world is an MTT?  Is it an imperial vehicle?

Also, only two sets from Episode I have been shown.  Does anyone have any
guesses to what TLG will come out with it?  Besides a few other pod racers,
the only things I can think of are playsets.  A Jedi counsel room would be
very cool.

Here is the list again, with what I have heard or seen about each item.

Technic X-Wing
Unconfirmed

Technic Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
Unconfirmed

Battle Droid Minstorms kit
Confirmed with picture, actually a Technic set

Destroyer Droid Minstorms kit
Confirmed with picture, actually a Technic set

AT-AT Mindstorms kit
Unconfirmed, possibly a Technic set

Pit Droid Mindstorms kit
Confirmed with picture, actually a Technic set

Slave I (with Fett removable helmet and Han in carbonite!)
Confirmed with picture

B-Wing Fighter
Confirmed with picture

A-Wing Fighter
Confirmed with picture

Tatooine Skiff
Confirmed with picture

AAT
Unconfirmed - possible Episode I set (AAT's were the tanks driven by the
Battle Droids)

MTT
Unconfirmed - possible Episode I set (MTT's were the troop vehicles that set
out all of the Battle Droids)

Two Kaadus with Qui-Gon Jinn
Confirmed with picture - actually with two Gungans instead of Qui-Gon

Millenium Falcon (with Han, Luke, Leia, R2-D2, C-3PO, Chewbacca and Obi-Wan)
Confirmed by catalog scan - absolutely horrible picture sent to and posted by
Huw Millington, that everybody is hoping is a hoax, or at very least an early
prototype.

That is all I know for the time being.  I hope it is helpful.
Joel