 Star Wars / 13397
Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 02:52:16 GMT

Well I finally posted something that interested others! Woohoo I'm excited.
I've read it all to date and maybe the name should be changed to ESB/Ep II
Parallels!
I did notice the "Vader Shadow" cast on the Homestead on Tatooine right
before Anakin "goes Yoda" on the sandpeople. I think Lucas pays way too much
attention to detail in his movies, and I find it hard to believe that the
shadow was anything but intentional.
I'm glad I'm not nuts, and I did notice one other thing, and I noticed it
back in the "Clone Wars" trailer.  It's in the droid factory scene on
geonosis.  Right after Padme and Anakin get through the creepy room witht he
Geonosians on the walls they end up on a bridge-like platform.  It quickly
closes into the wall, but for a brief instant I was reminded of Ep IV when
Luke and Leia are in the death star shaft trapped on the bridge that is not
extended.  Anyone else get that vibe.  It helps that Padme is wearing all
white, just like Leia.
I think Ep. II packs a ton of visual and linguistic depth for anyone who's a
real fan.  I'm glad someone elsed mentioned Palpatine's "Everything is going
as planned" line. I caught that the second time I saw it and thought, this
guy has some serious control.
Sooooooo. New Topics
Anyone else think that Boba Fett is gonna off Mace Windu?
spoiler (but not really)
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
In every interview I've seen with Sam Jackson since Ep. II was realeased
he's said he knows he's gonna die in Episode III, but "I just don't wanna go
out like some punk."
I visualize a kickin' fight scene between Windu and Boba, a little
Father/Son vengance.
What do you think?

Thanx for postin',
great thoughts.

One Last thing,
Someone noticed in another post that there are two different versions of the
movie based on a line Obi-Wan has in the Geonosian Stadium.  After the
famous "I've got a bad feeling about this." line, (spoken by Anakin this
time) There is a dead space in the lines, but lots of visual shots, mostly
of Padme picking the lock.  Obi-Wan then says either:
"Take a deep breath and concentrate"  (the only version I've seen)
or
"You take the one on the left, I'll take the one on the right"
So how do I know there are two. Read Obi-Wans lips if you've only seen the
first one, his lips speak the "Take the one on the left" line.
It's like when they censor movies shown on TV and the lips speak something
different than what is said.  My theory is that the "Take the one on the
left" line made Obi-Wan look like a moron since each of the three characters
seemed to have their respective "execution creatures."
Any thoughts anyone else?

By the way if anyone knows where I can get the Dark Side Developer kit for
cheap, let me know? I'll take a used one if you still have the box and all
the pieces.

Later,
Kevin