 Star Wars / 13362
Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 03:08:48 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Powell writes:
In the "The Chosen One..." Thread I was glad that Dave mentioned something
that's been on my mind.  Why would Amidala marry Anakin, I mean I know she
has too or we never get Luke and Leia, but I mean, he KILLED an entire tribe
(or whatever) of sandpeople.  "Women and children too"  "I slaughtered them
like animals."  Maybe Amidala goes for the dangerous type, his
"Harley-style" speeder bike does kind of say "rebel without a cause."  She's
still pretty nuts though.  Plus the dude's only got one arm though, very
ESB-ish.
IIRC Anakin having lost his hand previously was a turning point at the end
of ROTJ - Luke cuts off Vader's right hand, realises it is mechanical, looks
at own right hand, regains that father-son connection thingy, etc etc.  I
think :)

Two other things:

One: Did anyone else notice that Jar-Jar has been made pretty much
responsible for the destruction of the Republic.  Sure Palpatine may have
taken over sooner or later, but Jar-Jar really sped up the process.  Lucas
says the public didn't influence his take on Jar-Jar in Ep II but I beg to
differ.  Sorry though, I always kind of liked Jar-Jar, he never really
bothered me. (Don't shoot me!)
I hate to think what's going to happen to him in Ep3...  Seriously though,
you gotta like him.  Where else can you get tan hands? :)

Well that's it,
Do or Do not. There is no try.

Build, or Build not :)

Michael Dallaston