 Star Wars / 13385
Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 01:34:46 GMT

No, there are even more parallels than that.

This was all I could think about for the few days after watching Ep. II for
the second time. It started immediately after the film, as the last scene,
artistically, is very similar to ESB's. I know they're on Naboo in Ep. II
and on a ship in ESB, but the final scene is Anakin/Luke with his "good" arm
around Padme/Leia, with the droids standing by.

There are many more, such as the asteroids, Threepio being dismembered, the
introduction of a "Fett", an appearance by Slave I, Kenobi cutting off an
arm in a bar, and so on. The overall tone of the film is similar too, as it
ends on a down note.

-Mikey