 Star Wars / 13373
Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 23:22:23 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Powell writes:
In the "The Chosen One..." Thread I was glad that Dave mentioned something
that's been on my mind.  Why would Amidala marry Anakin, I mean I know she
has too or we never get Luke and Leia, but I mean, he KILLED an entire tribe
(or whatever) of sandpeople.  "Women and children too"  "I slaughtered them
like animals."  Maybe Amidala goes for the dangerous type, his
"Harley-style" speeder bike does kind of say "rebel without a cause."  She's
still pretty nuts though.  Plus the dude's only got one arm though, very
ESB-ish.
Two other things:

One: Did anyone else notice that Jar-Jar has been made pretty much
responsible for the destruction of the Republic.  Sure Palpatine may have
taken over sooner or later, but Jar-Jar really sped up the process.  Lucas
says the public didn't influence his take on Jar-Jar in Ep II but I beg to
differ.  Sorry though, I always kind of liked Jar-Jar, he never really
bothered me. (Don't shoot me!)

Two: Did anyone else get that creepy, cool ESB vibe when Anakin fought Dooku
at the end.  He conveniently cut that power cable that made the lights go
out and then we had blue glow on Anakin's face and Red glow on Dooku's face.
Didn't that look just like the Vader vs. Luke scene at the end of ESB?  I
thought so, I haven't watched ESB since I saw Ep II maybe I should look
again, but I got that vibe.  Plus, Anakin looses an arm.  Not to go too deep
but I thought that was pretty symbolic with both Ep II and ESB being the 2nd
movies in their respective trilogies.

That got me thinking.  When anakin is talking to Padme on tatoween, it shows
there shadows.  It looked to me like anakins shadow looked like Vaders head.
Maybe im going insane or something i dont know.  Any body else see that?

Later

jd

Maybe I'm just nuts.

me too

One last thing.  Anyone think Lego should make a new lego UCS model of Yoda
with a lightsaber in some cool fighting pose.  That would rock.  A good idea
for anyone else out there to try. I don't have enough pieces.

Well that's it,
Do or Do not. There is no try.

Kevin