 Star Wars / 13361
Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 02:25:29 GMT

Two: Did anyone else get that creepy, cool ESB vibe when Anakin fought Dooku
at the end.  He conveniently cut that power cable that made the lights go
out and then we had blue glow on Anakin's face and Red glow on Dooku's face.
Didn't that look just like the Vader vs. Luke scene at the end of ESB?  I
thought so, I haven't watched ESB since I saw Ep II maybe I should look
again, but I got that vibe.  Plus, Anakin looses an arm.  Not to go too deep
but I thought that was pretty symbolic with both Ep II and ESB being the 2nd
movies in their respective trilogies.

I was just talking with some of my students today (I'm a high school
teacher) and we were finding ESB/AotC parallels.  I predicted to them that
the 3rd movie will have a very Return of the Jedi scene... Palpatine pits
Anakin against Dooku, like Luke against Vader, but Anakin gives in, kills
Dooku, and claims his place as Palpatine's apprentice.  "Always two there
are... a master and an apprentice."

Peter

PS--all we needed in Ep II to complete the parallels is for Dooku to say,
"Anakin, I am your father."  Or maybe updated for the 2000s... "Who's your
daddy?"