 Star Wars / 13389
Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:40:15 GMT

"Kevin Powell" <kpowell@si-net.com> wrote in message

One: Did anyone else notice that Jar-Jar has been made pretty much
responsible for the destruction of the Republic.  Sure Palpatine may have
taken over sooner or later, but Jar-Jar really sped up the process.  Lucas
says the public didn't influence his take on Jar-Jar in Ep II but I beg to
differ.  Sorry though, I always kind of liked Jar-Jar, he never really
bothered me. (Don't shoot me!)

Using this logic, we could say that Amidala is responsible, from Ep I.  She
is the one that requests the vote of no confidence in Chancelor Velorum.
This leads to Palpatine being elected.

In my opinion, both Amidala and Jar Jar are being manipulated by Palpatine
to get him into a position of power, where he can declare himself Emperor.
But he also manipulates all the other characters as well.  He blinds all the
Jedi to the fact that he is of the Sith.  He is probably the one behind the
creation of the Clone Army, and he definetly behind the creation the the
Droid Army.  He is behind the creation of the Death Star.  He causes Anakin
to fall and become Darth Vader.  He seems to be the root cause of all the
bad things that happen in the 6 films.

In Ep VI, Palpatine says that everything is going as he has foreseen.  I
believe that this applies all the way back to the beginning of Ep I.  He may
have feigned surprise at Amidala's boldness, but he predicted that as well.
Everything did go exactly has he planned, right until the end of Ep VI,
where Luke realized he was on the same path as his father, Anakin.  This is
the where Palpatine fails.  He did not expect Luke to be able to resist, but
once he did, Anakin realized that he could resist as well.  Therefore
Palpatine was toast.

It kind of makes me wonder:  What was he planing to do, if Luke had fallen
and taken his fathers place at his side (Darth Luke)?  It seems like he is
out to make everyone in the Galaxy miserable.  But what is his motivation
for that?  Mabye it's just that he is Evil.

-David