 Star Wars / 13396
Re: Custom Hyperdrive Booster Ring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:17:20 GMT

Thanks for the feedback Lindsay. I'm not sure if it's accurate in terms of
size. It was done primarily from memory (and I've only seen AOTC once) and a
vague picture I managed to find online. Technical details on the booster
ring seem to be lacking so I basically just did what looked right to me at
the time.

The clamps are not 'absolutely' required to support the starfighter but
without them it doesn't quite sit properly and slides out very easily.

Jason

In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Allemann writes:
Hey guys,

Check out my recent MOC of the hyperdrive booster ring used by the Jedi
Starfighter in Attack of the Clones.  It took a few days to get right (a few
hours a day) but in the end I think it's fairly accurate to the movie.

http://www.truedimensions.com/lego/customs/ring/ring.htm

Let me know what you think!

  Wow!  Very nicely done indeed.  I see the problems with not having
  a lot of parts available in dark red, though--but I like the effect
  of interspersed use.  One question, though:  Is the size differential
  ring:fighter correct?  For some reason I remember the ring being a
  big smaller.

  Also:  Do the grey wedge "clamps" actually support the fighter, or
  are they just for show?

  best

  LFB