 Star Wars / 13404
Re: Custom Hyperdrive Booster Ring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:14:43 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  One question, though:  Is the size differential
  ring:fighter correct?

Dunno Lindsay, I've seen the pic a few times, and if its not the right size,
its certainly close.

Indeed, after the tacky batch of ships we got out of EpI (Droid fighters,
Naboo Starfighters, MTTs, AATs, and the downright impossible to model all
silver royal thingie Armidala buzzed about in - I liked the Radiant VII, but
the size is a little out of my league, for now) its a pleasure to get some
more gorgeous ships in EpII (Starfighter, gunship, the two speedery things), no?

I would say the proportions are about right, though I think the ship was
actually held in place at the very front of the ship rather than in the
middle (however that would put it off balance .. so I think it works like it
is..)

I like the ships out of Episode 2 but notice there were like 2 or 3 new
variations of the all silver Naboo ships (the big B-52 flying wing one was
kind of interesting.. hehe)..  So more of them to try to figure out how to
model..  And some of the things like the big "airbus" and the "diner" that
Obi Wan goes into might be interesting to see in Lego.. and of course the
new tanks would be neat..

One problem I have with the Slave 1 that Janggo uses is that the model is
not airtight.. while I realize this was to keep the brick count down, it
sucks that this interplanetary vehicle has holes in it..  At first I thought
the Rebel Gunship was treated the same way until I watched the movie and
realized it was a planetary attack vehicle only..  (they probably dropped
them from a larger ship.. )