 Star Wars / 13399
Re: Custom Hyperdrive Booster Ring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 07:15:03 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Allemann writes:
Hey guys,

Check out my recent MOC of the hyperdrive booster ring used by the Jedi
Starfighter in Attack of the Clones.  It took a few days to get right (a few
hours a day) but in the end I think it's fairly accurate to the movie.

http://www.truedimensions.com/lego/customs/ring/ring.htm

Let me know what you think!

  Wow!  Very nicely done indeed.  I see the problems with not having
  a lot of parts available in dark red, though--but I like the effect
  of interspersed use.  One question, though:  Is the size differential
  ring:fighter correct?  For some reason I remember the ring being a
  big smaller.

Dunno Lindsay, I've seen the pic a few times, and if its not the right size,
its certainly close.

Endlessly impressed Jason.  When I saw it in the movie I recall thinking,
'My, that's going to be a bugger to model', and yet, there it is on your
site, and gloriously.

Indeed, after the tacky batch of ships we got out of EpI (Droid fighters,
Naboo Starfighters, MTTs, AATs, and the downright impossible to model all
silver royal thingie Armidala buzzed about in - I liked the Radiant VII, but
the size is a little out of my league, for now) its a pleasure to get some
more gorgeous ships in EpII (Starfighter, gunship, the two speedery things), no?

Richard Parsons
Port Block Yards
Home of the Rothana Heavy Engineering Gunship (PBY Variant)
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/012.htm