 Star Wars / 13406
Re: Custom Hyperdrive Booster Ring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 07:46:40 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Haddock writes:
One problem I have with the Slave 1 that Janggo uses is that
the model is not airtight.. while I realize this was to keep
the brick count down, it sucks that this interplanetary
vehicle has holes in it..

This wouldn't be the first Lego model to have the problem though.
Always used to peeve me too.

At first I thought the Rebel Gunship was treated the same
way until I watched the movie and realized it was a planetary
attack vehicle only..  (they probably dropped them from a
larger ship.. )

Mmmmmm.  They were supposed to have been landed and disembarked from one of
the great big (wedge shaped) starships you see at the end of the movie.

The gunships are meant to be used in hostile atmospheres though.  The troop
and cargo space is meant to be open (troopers are supposed to be wearing
pressurised suits - like clonie armour).  The forward section (forward of
the arched doorway) is supposed to be a pressurised crew space, even so the
pilot and co-pilot are supposed to be wearing pressurised suits.

Adding a door to the crew compartment is not all that hard,  fixing up the
holes under the cockpit glass - that's hard.  I improved it, but settled
before closing them completely (just too hard).

The repulsors and engines could probably carry it up to and into space
(slowly), but with its engines and fuel capacity, it won't be going very far...

Great ship though.  Pretty great model too!

Richard
Still baldly going...
Port Block Yards - Gunship Salvage Agents to the Republic
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/012.htm