 Star Wars / 13360
  Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

In the "The Chosen One..." Thread I was glad that Dave mentioned something that's been on my mind. Why would Amidala marry Anakin, I mean I know she has too or we never get Luke and Leia, but I mean, he KILLED an entire tribe (or whatever) of (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) I was just talking with some of my students today (I'm a high school teacher) and we were finding ESB/AotC parallels. I predicted to them that the 3rd movie will have a very Return of the Jedi scene... Palpatine pits Anakin against Dooku, like (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) IIRC Anakin having lost his hand previously was a turning point at the end of ROTJ - Luke cuts off Vader's right hand, realises it is mechanical, looks at own right hand, regains that father-son connection thingy, etc etc. I think :) (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) I never had the problem with Jar-Jar that other people have had, but I wouldn't say I "liked" him. You're supposed to kind of think he's a boob after Episode I; it sets you up to feel sorry for him when he gets duped into giving Palpatine (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) This is correct. In a recent interview with Lucas, he said this. That Ja-ja had a minor role becuase you already knew him from EP1 and you are suppose to feel both sorry but also understand that it WOULD take someone like JA-JA to be tricked (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) Hasn't the close link between fear and anger been explained in the series? Besides, Luke's true failure comes before he even enters the cave. Yoda tells him not to bring the lightsaber into the cave- because all that is in the cave is what he (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) That got me thinking. When anakin is talking to Padme on tatoween, it shows there shadows. It looked to me like anakins shadow looked like Vaders head. Maybe im going insane or something i dont know. Any body else see that? Later jd (...) me (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) I saw it too, although the two people I saw it with missed it. I think it was done on purpose, given the Episode I teaser poster. eric (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) This was all I could think about for the few days after watching Ep. II for the second time. It started immediately after the film, as the last scene, artistically, is very similar to ESB's. I know they're on Naboo in Ep. II and on a ship in (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

"Kevin Powell" <kpowell@si-net.com> wrote in message news:Gx01G3.GIs@lugnet.com... (...) Using this logic, we could say that Amidala is responsible, from Ep I. She is the one that requests the vote of no confidence in Chancelor Velorum. This leads (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) In Roger Ebert's phrase, it's about the sights--not insights. (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) Well then Roger Ebert can go fluff his pillows. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON, short of outright and culpable laziness, that a film can't be both visually spectacular AND dramatically engaging, and there's likewise no reason that interesting (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) You mean, like Amidala was tricked into kicking off the action that put Palpatine at the head of the Senate in EP1? Steve (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

(...) This brings to mind the attack scene in Episode 1 where Padme/Amidala is leading the attack to the Queen's chamber. She's right out in front of the attack squad, and displays some pretty accurate blaster fire. Compare to the scene in Episode (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Amidala and the mass-murdering sociopath

Well I finally posted something that interested others! Woohoo I'm excited. I've read it all to date and maybe the name should be changed to ESB/Ep II Parallels! I did notice the "Vader Shadow" cast on the Homestead on Tatooine right before Anakin (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)