 Star Wars / 13351
Re: The Chosen one and the balance of the force.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 00:56:20 GMT

Mike and Dave:

I hate to disagree (I read your banter with interest), but I don't think
Vader/Ani is the chosen one, rather, I think it is Luke.

True, Vader did kill the Emperor in the end, but had it not been for his
son, he would have never turned back to the light.  Had Luke never come
along to convince his father of his ill doings, then Vader would have never
killed the Emperor, and the two of them would have continued to rule the Empire.

[Midichlorians were] a measure of ability and potential power.
(the 'potential' being realized if trained how to use it)

Cite, please?  I don't recall that being state outright, but my memory of
parts of EPI is a little fuzzy.  If you're simply inferring it, that's fine,
but it can't be taken as verse-and-chapter SW canon.

This was fairly clear in the Novelisation of the Movie which is considered
cannon.  To be perfectly honest I have never heard anyone suggest that
Midichlorians were not a measure of ability/power.

I think these Midichlorians are merely things that display one's ability to
use the force, not necessarily one's learned and eventually achieved power
in it.  So while Ani had a higher count than anyone else, it only meant that
he had the best ability to control the force, or "raw-power" if you will.
But that doesn't make him more powerful than one who has trained for decades.

But then, I"m only guessing.

KEith