 Star Wars / 10709
Re: Ewok Holocaust
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:53:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:
Sure, it's just sci-fi, and most sci-fi is not believable.  Point well taken.
However, sci-fi does not have to be slip-shod and slap-dash - it should strive
to be believable on points relative to the "universe" in question.

I'd challenge you to find much SF which you couldn't find gaping holes in. Star
Wars is no worse than movies in general, and perhaps better. Note that the
referenced article even points out that there is nothing in the Star Wars
literature which really conflicts with the analysis, and even material which
supports it. Perhaps Lucas is smarter than we think. Perhaps he deliberately
created the scenario to challenge us to really think about the story and really
question if the heros are really as heroical as first impression would lead one
to believe.

Frank