 Star Wars / 10638
Re: Where are the 2001 SW sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:19:06 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:

Actually the three Walmarts that we have here in town are all about the
same, and typically have the same stock.  The stock may vary from store to
store in different towns, but here in CO SPGS, CO, they don't differ too
much... the Targets here are a different story however...

Anyway, I'm going to be hitting a different Walmart tonight, so if they have
anything I'll recant tomorrow... <G>

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus

Well, I went to two different Walmarts, and I stand by my conviction.  One
of the Walmarts (one I never goto) had a few sets, but nothing 2001.  The
other one (the one near my house) had just stocked and they had the Battle
Droid Carrier and the Droid Escape... whoopideedoo.  They also had an ATST
*BOX*... the parts were nowhere to be found.  They also had a wide selection
of LOM.

I did manage to find most of the new sets at a K-Mart however... they had a
bunch of AT-STs and Droid Escapes, as well as a few Watto's Junkyards,
Battle Droid Carriers, TIE Fighters, and the new Technics sets.  No sign of
the shuttle.