 Star Wars / 10621
Re: Where are the 2001 SW sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:34:29 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:

Just in case you're keeping notes, I'd like to go on record to say that the
Walmarts here in Colorado Springs suck (actually, I can only comment on one,
but usually the others can be judged by one.)

Oh, not true, not true at all.  The Walmart closest to my house has a
decent selection - pretty much middle of the road - they got some of the
2001 sets in December, they still have some older stuff.

The next closest one has a tiny shelf with barely anything.

The third closest is quite good - better selection than the closest and
it's in Beautiful Tax-Free New Hampshire.

There's another one close to where I work that basically sucks, and one
that's decent.

All in all, don't judge all WMs in an area by one or even two.  It really
depends on the size of the store.

I went to Walmart last night
to see what kind of stock they had... their shelves were almost completely
bare.  It looked to me like no effort had been taken to fill the shelves.
It wouldn't be a big deal, except they've been this way since Christmas...
it's been almost a month and their shelves are STILL empty.

TRUs have been like that this year.  One employee told me they hadn't
gotten anything from LEGO since before Xmas.