 Star Wars / 10629
Re: Where are the 2001 SW sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:00:07 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Johnston writes:

Oh, not true, not true at all.  The Walmart closest to my house has a
decent selection ><snip>

Actually the three Walmarts that we have here in town are all about the
same, and typically have the same stock... the Targets here are a different story however...

Anyway, I'm going to be hitting a different Walmart tonight, so if they have
anything I'll recant tomorrow... <G>

...etc,etc,etc
I was just reading all the comments about the lack of avialability for Star
Wars 2001 sets, and was thinking how lucky you guys in the states are for
the choice of stores. Over here in the UK we have TRU and...oh, just TRU really!
I went to my local store last week and they had *5* sets on sale. These were
the UCS Tie(£89.99) and X-wing(£119.99), Droid Fighter (£4.99), MTT(£39.99)
and Tie(£24.99). Please note that all the above prices are in pounds sterling!

How about that for poor choice? Now stop whingeing and go buy dozens of $10
Tie Fighter sets, build something big, and be thankful that you can!!

Daz (Disgruntled and jealous)