 Star Wars / 10628
Re: Here's your answer, David Schuler...........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:11:24 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Robbie Anderson writes:
There isn't one
lego set in the most recent catalog that isn't non-juniorized!
(assuming you mean: "is not juniorized")

I beg to differ!

There is a difference between the POOPs of juniorization and SPUDs which
have been around since at least the 80s. Sure, most of the new sets have new
and sometimes rather large pieces, but those pieces are usable and I bet
that it would be pretty hard to use standard pieces to make some of the sets
look as good as they do. SPUDs are good to some extent. I LOVE the new LOM
pieces and hardly think any of them are even close to juniorized. (At least
in the blue mech, anyway. The largest piece in the set other than the canopy
is a 4x6 double inverted slope which I have found to be very useful...)