 Star Wars / 10646
Re: Where are the 2001 SW sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:49:57 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:

This could be an occurrence of "comic store owner" syndome, wherein every
comic store owner in a 50 mile radius buys up new toys just in case they get
valuable.

True... I ran into that back when I collected the POTF action figures.  Two
days after shelling out $25 for a Leia, $12 for a Chewbacca and $8 for an
R2-D2 at a local comic shop, I found them all at a Walmart for $5ea.  That's
when I learned to check ALL the Walmarts and KMarts and Targets etc *before*
going to any comic shops.

But my WalMart is lame too.

And Toys R Us

And Target (Well, they had the D.E. and the AT-ST)

And K Mart

They're all lame.

No Clearances, no 2001 Star Wars (except for the small sets @ Target)

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin

I very rarely come across clearances myself.  When I do usually the good
stuff is already taken.  I've now seen the 2001 SW sets in several different
stores, and hopefully by next month they'll be prolific enough that I can
begin amassing a collection of AT-STs and TIEs.

I have at least seen a copy of every new SW set, and the only ones I don't
have are Watto's Junkyard, Technic 3PO, and Technic Stormy.  I have 4 BDCs,
and 1 ea of the others.

I'm going to buy 15 more BDCs (over the course of a couple months) so that I
can have a good sized army of Battle Droids.  I'm also going to get about 5
more AT-STs (or more.)  I seriously hope that TLG comes out with a set with
3 or more Stormtroopers for <$15 otherwise I'm going to go broke buying
TIEs... I want an army of at least 50 Stormtroopers, though I'd like to have
quite a few more... at retail price that's $1000.00 in TIE Fighters... not
including tax.  (As well as 50 TIE pilots, I only want about 5 of those.)

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus