 Space / 8977
Re: Bram Lambrecht 's spaceplane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 00:06:21 GMT

"Mladen Pejic" <milovan@netcom.ca> wrote in message
news:GE4E8A.DIw@lugnet.com...

Yes, very large, well designed and thought out models (like Bram's) deserve
recognition!

Yes, very small, detailed and neat models (like Jeremy Sproat's) deserve
praise!

I agree with both statements.  Any well thought out and well designed model
deserves praise, and I enjoy well designed models of all sizes.

Building bigger and keeping it well thought out is a challenge though.
Especially when dealing with detailing interior spaces efficiently and
believably.  But, its a challenge, and its fun. :-)

I'm sorry that I had to name names, but it was the only way to get my point
across.

I won't jump on you for it, but *shrug*, I really don't think you had to.

All I care about is whether a model somehow exceeds my expectations or is in
some ways innovative or creative. Bram's model is definitely this kind of
creation.

Some models don't have to be either to be great.  Sometimes you can't beat
simplicity, espeically for a simple subject (say, a delivery van).  Innovative
stuff is cool though - MOCs that do things, that connect in certain ways, or use
a unique technique to hold together.

I guess you could sum all of this discussion up as 'size doesn't matter,
creativity and effectiveness do.'

-Tim