 Space / 8963
Re: Bram Lambrecht 's spaceplane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 18:26:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matthew Gerber writes:
Hey Bram,

I think Larry was focusing more on the statement "But a 100 piece MOC that
makes you go wow is WAY more remarkable.".

Hmm... somehow my compliment ended up an insult?! While I agree that making
you go wow with fewer pieces is generally more difficult (particularly
aesthetically) than with something gigantic, my original point was that Bram
has built models both small and large that have impressed me. So don't think
I'm just impressed cause it's large, because he can impress me on a smaller
scale too (also, with mechs, it's actually harder to build them larger but
still support their own weight, etc).

My point is this model doesn't just impress me with sheer size, although if
it looked the same from the outside but had zero functionality then it would
be impressing through size alone, yes.

But this thing is crammed with interior details (also one of the reasons I
like Muffin Head's creations), retractable landing gear... you catch my
drift? I do share Larry's basic sentiment, however. I just don't think it's
fair to say it impresses through size alone in this case, that's all.

Mark W.