 Space / 721
Re: Spacecraft propulsion (was: Ship Power Core)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:41:14 GMT

Dan bobrovsky wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here...

Going further up on the tree......

and speculate that Tobias was only trying
to call attention to the overly complex technologies and names people give
there "LEGO" creations...  I think Tobias (and please correct me if I'm wrong
Tobias) was saying... "When I was a kid we didn't call our jetengines or rocket
engines "cabrionic engines"? "matter hypercompressor generator"... or any of
the other complex sounding names... we jsut called it a jet, rocket or
engine..."

However, by no means would I deny you the right to do it... but I do sympathize
with Tobias.... and would only like to call the big generator thing a
powerplant at best!!!  Long live the lego rockets!!  I had the 6950 mobile
rocket launcher and i didn't call it a nuclear fission powered projectile
system...   I called it a rocket launcher (hey I was a kid)

You want to that's your call..... Tobias want to play LEGOS??  HEE HEE!!

Hark I hear the call to simpler times of childhood playing with my LEGOS (yes
plural... LEGOS)

Dan

Hmm.. Well, when I was younger, I bought the Star Trek Technical Manual
for the U.S.S. Enterprise, NCC1701D. I named a lot of my technology on
that, I always liked the more technical names, as in Warp Matter/
Antimatter engine Core rather than engine. I also got a lot from various
SF novels, movies, etc. It depends on the person, I guess. I for one
like more technical terms, it is just another part of the imagination
thing.

Scott S.

P.S. I also had corporations making the various technological items,
such as Biotech Industries, Inc., S.S. Inc. (Scott Sanburn) Not too far
from my real business, Sanburn Systems Company. :)

< snipped earlier discussions >

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!

Quote of the Month: (In Slate)

Al Gore: "Even though national security policy didn't come up, I
suggested that one critical issue for voters to ponder is this:
Whose FINGER do you want on the CONTROL-ALT-DELETE button?"

These are the same people who sued MICROSOFT, folks. If he is that
ignorant about computers, he should not be anywhere near controlling
anything, much less the United States.