 Space / 696
Re: Ship Power Core
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:42:39 GMT

Another nice feature to take advantage of when wanting to make circular
engine things is the fact that the 4x4 radar dishes fit snugly into the
studs of a ring of 6 interlocked 2x2 hinge bricks, and an 8x8 dish fits
snugly into twelve interlocked hinge bricks. I have made such an engine
based on the 8x8 radar dish in a prototype experimental fighter. Its engine
bay can be seen here:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/5168/galv-eng.JPG

There's also a link to it on my main page. This engine is a BOAC 2G (Boring
Old Antimatter Containment - Two Gigawatts). This fighter really chews up
the juice, being about as big as fighters ever get (about 100 studs long at
minifig scale). Mind you, I don't think the fighter expends energy at 2
gigawatts - that's just the max output of the engine! BOAC 2Gs are usually
used for the capital ships and colony ships. I guess that Dominian Ltd. just
wanted to see how much oomph they could pack into a fighter.....

It's pretty neat what you can do with the larger radar dishes and hinge
bricks. A 6x6 dish and a ring of 9 hinge bricks should work too, but I
haven't tried that yet.

Paul
[ My page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/5168/   Update postponed
until my January vacation ]