 Space / 4727
Re: Galactic Shipyard update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 05:25:12 GMT

When i initially started designing this ship i had certain things i wanted
in certain places,  then depending on how they workout i add additional
things in. Like the matter ram scoops.  I use a little mixture of Star Trek
theory, Starwars and other movies.  Alot of that (slush tanks etc.) I hadn't
even thought of, but now that you mention it i may incorporate some of that,
if that's okay.  I seem to run out of neat machinery stuff to build so some
of it is just whimsey.  Someone said about details on ships, "It doesn't
really need to be anything you can explain" or something like that.

It sounds like you have the details much more figured out than I.

Thanks for the questions, hope that's not too long of a reply:) nice ships
btw (still looking thru em)

Jeb

Yeah, to be honest, I didn't put much attention into the ramscoops and warp
emmiters in my latest ship.  I payed mor attention to the look and
functionality than the fine details.  I did make a very good star trek style
ship about 4 years ago, but I broke down and tore it apart for other
projects before I had the intelligence to PHOTOGRAPH the silly thing.  GAD!  >:(

(stupid stupid stupid...)

Ah well, you live and learn.  It really was good - beuatiful colors, and
sort of Voyager-ish.  The ship was sized to match my warp nacelles ( about 4
studs x 16 studs x 2 bricks high) and the ram scoops were the traditional
ruby red Bussard collectors from Star Trek fame.  The warp core was placed
on it's side (my ship was 1.5 levels high -long and sleek), with the
placement as follows in engineeirng:

main controls, dylithium chamber, warp core, plasma conduits and converters,
shielding and bulkhead, fusion reactor, slush tank (top) with main impulse
drive (below).   The ship was 1 yard long and solid like a rock.   In front
of the engineering section was a large living quarters with a lavitory, and
then the main bridge at the very front.  Very utilitarian.

My next attempt at a capitol ship is squeduled to begin next month over the
holidays (when I have time).  The funny thing is that I typically only take
3 days to build one.  Let's see what we can whip up then.

Trev

Trev