 Space / 4687
Re: Galactic Shipyard update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:18:31 GMT

BINGO!  MEGA BLOCKS:  Battleship or USS Kittyhawk.  Looking at that big
orange thingy on the table, the black tube has at one end a 1/1 modified
square grey plate with a single peg sticking out one side.  If I'm not
mistaken, that is a clone (Ritvik) element!

:)

Also, the big tell tail is the way that the grey 2x4 bricks all warp in at
the base of the brick.  Although a lego brick with do this, it is my
experience that a megablock 2x4 brick was more residual stress in the thin
wall of the part.

Now, I don't want to knock the design at all:  I was forced to purchase a
battleship myself when my grey was running out - I just can't get cheap grey
2x4 lego bricks in large quantities, and sometimes the battleship goes on
sale for 10$!  2x4 bricks are the staple of very large capital ship design.
The Hyperion is turning out to be a strikingly beautiful - and well thought
out - design.  My hat is off to him.  It would be interesting to find out if
he is really using grey lego bricks only, because 11-12000 grey 2x4 lego
bricks is a LOT of money, even in auctions!

I just can't stop raving about his design!

Trev

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
All I see in the back are lego boxes: basic, mindstorm, dacta...
My question is what is this red thing in this picture?

http://home.att.net/~carpc/hyperion/uc007.jpg

It looks like a black hose conected to a  ?  Upper left corner.

   -Jon

Yeah, I was wondering that too. In a few of the images on the page:

http://home.att.net/~carpc/hyperion/

You can see some boxes of something in the background, but I don't • recognise
the brand name. Could it be a brand of clone brick, maybe?