 Space / 3677
Re: Giant space ship links site idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 16:48:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:

From: "Jon Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net>
-Do you think the main list should also have small thumbnails next to the
links within the site?

Yes. Wading through text links is very annoying. If the thumbs are sized
reasonably, it shouldn't be much of a problem for people who have slow
connections.

It also helps if the thumbnails have height, width, and alt-text
attributes.  That makes it easier to read the page, while the images are
still downloading.

-If this gets going I'd like to make a specific section for
nano/microfig large ships. Any ship that is designed as a capital size. What
do you think?

I think that would be good. The casual observer would likely be confused by
the term "microfig" and they'd wonder what all these teeny globs of bricks
are doing next to the big spaceships. ( The casual observer probably
wouldn't realize at first that they were supposed to be viewing them as
"large" spaceships)

Call it "microfig scale", and give a link at the top: "What the heck does
'Microfig' mean?".

Steve