 Space / 3676
3675  |  3677
Subject:
Giant space ship link site part 2 -- web space?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 01:48:38 GMT

Someone mentioned the problem with finding web space, since it's always
inconvenient to have a free account with annoying pop-up ads and the like.
Two possible solutions:

1. Someone with a couple of extra bucks a month buys webspace for the
project.  There are some good deals to be had out there.

2.  I have virtually unlimited space and traffic with my own Web host (as
well as ASP and database support) that I'm willing to share, but I can't
just give others access to it (I use it for web development).  But if
someone here is good enough at programming to make a site that doesn't
require FTP access and allows for FTP-less updates and administration,
they're welcome to it.

BTW, my domain is hiddenfortress.net (not that there's much there to see
yet).

--

Paul Davidson