 Space / 34049
Re: Nacon - A Matrix Hovership
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 05:24:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:
   That’s just scary good, Ryan.

Here’s what I think, I think you should pack that up and send it to me for ‘safe keeping’ because you’re young and you might part it out some day to make something more awesome. I have a nice high shelf to put it on, really. This is in your best interest.

Heh. Your Lego labs of insanity would warp this thing into some odd new matrix fly bot or mutant hoversheep or something. Nuh uh. This guy ain’t going anywhere anytime soon, unless I can rouse myself enough to go to a local LUG meeting.

Ah, you are too suspicious and worldly wise... alas.

   Way to take a small detail (the visor ring) and grow a whole design around it. I may have to post some of my little ‘sketches’ just to see what you could do with them.

I’d love to try! It sometimes seems like my best stuff comes about from the littlest ideas. This was born out of only two reference images, and this developed when Adrian said “Hey, looks like a Cylon Raider” early in construction.

I always like when stuff happens that way. Heck, I can trace some of my stuff back to Keith Goldman mentioning Hippies. Once you’ve got that ‘seed-part’, ‘seed-assembly’, ‘core-concept’ it’s like you’re on rails...

Snip

   Now, don’t you have homework to do or something?

Not really. You’d build a lot of mocs, too, if you were trapped at home with a knee injury. (long depressing story.)

Bummer. Well, at least you’ve got something to do. Your ambulatory loss is our visual gain.

Play on and get well soon.

Peace and seeds,

Professor Whateverly