 Space / 33982
Re: Nacon - A Matrix Hovership
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 12:38:51 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Ryan Wood wrote:
   Inspired by The Matrix and all other Matrix moc builders (Adrian Drake, Jon Palmer, Jamie Neufeld, Bruce Lowell, and others,) I present the Nacon, a heavy gunboat model hovership that’s named after the Mayan god of war.

   Thanks for checking this out, and I always love to hear what you think!

--Ryan W.

Bravo Ry...really excellent build.

Although we’ve all seen the Matrix inspired ships here before, what I love particularily about this one is that you’ve used it for a frame to hang what is essentially a mobile playset, using a great interior with loads o’ functions and details. The main cabin was impressing me with the gunner stations, deckladders etc...but what really grabbed me was the engineering section. Until you removed the belly plates, I had no idea it was there. Once removed, the mechanic above the lined up nodes reminded me instantly of the engineering of a WWII sub. As a kid, half of the fun was pretending to fix the ship in the midst of some attack....this feature just wants to make me take the day off and relive those adventures.

Truly fun stuff Ry....

Cheers, -Gil