 Space / 33983
Re: Civilian Space moc contest entry - Space garbage truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 12:48:30 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Allister McLaren wrote:
   Hi all,

Here’s my entry in the contest. It’s a garbage truck used for plucking defunct satellites and other space debris from orbit.

It’s a bit derivative, being part Quark’s garbage ship, part Chris Giddens’ PCS, and just a little bit Pete’s Dragon. Anyway, I had fun building it, and the boy gave it the thumbs up: “It’s got lots of activities!”

plmkwyt.

Allister

Has me laughing and has me gaping at the same time....too cool, Allister. It’s like Hungry, Hungry Hippos....only waaaay cooler. The disproportionately large bin on the back jacks up the scifi quotient, but the cab construction easily ties it to a conventional collector.

Awesome..from concept to build.

-G