 Space / 33976
Re: Nacon - A Matrix Hovership
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 05:16:28 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Ryan Wood wrote:

   Exterior and Interior.

Gah. Wow. Jinkies, even. This is some serious mad brick skillz, Ryan. Absolutely gorgeous-ugly. This is a perfect fit for the Matrix universe.

The exterior: awesome usage of that sweet visor technique. The weapons and sensors are well done, and the overall shape is very pleasing in a grotesque sort of way. :-) The only thing I don’t like is that TIE windscreen. That has to be on my least favorite piece top 10 list. I think it’s too tacky for something this cool.

The interior: you’ve made the icky bottoms of plates beautiful. Absolutely incredible greebling with the ladder railings and the gunner’s stations and the cockpit interior and the “engineering” section and..and..

   The following images track the progression of this model from rough concept to near-completion:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Now this is class act. I’m way too much of a pansy to show off my concept designs, because I’m a perfectionist. But it’s really cool to see the evolution of a design.

   Thanks for checking this out, and I always love to hear what you think!

You scare me, Wood. And I want this thing to have my children.