 Space / 34009
Re: Nacon - A Matrix Hovership
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 22:01:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jean-Pascal Rignault wrote:
   Hi Ryan,

First of all, congrats for such a comprehensive post. As I already told you before, it’s a very nice habit you have to take pics of the MOC on its way to become THE MOC! Then having the comments on MOCpages + actually presenting the design research pics makes quite a difference.

JPR, I appreciate your kind words. :) This is an unusual moc for me because it has extra history to it that my other stuff doesn’t have, so I felt the MOCpage was necessary to share some of that story instead of cluttering my original post with the tale.

   Then for the ship itself, wow! The exterior shape suits well the Matrix universe. Maybe a little too close to the Neb’ shapes, I was expecting something a little different. But still, it’s smooth, PODs and weapons seem to be were they have to be, where the eye expects to find them -> the overall give a very well balanced ship, and I guess that’s why I have this “déjà vu” feeling.

The teardrop shape I tried to adhere to is a staple of Matrix hovership design, so the similarities to other AFOLs mocs is very obvious. I didn’t think it looked so much like the Nebuchadnezzar when I was building it, but I guess I can sort of see what you’re saying.

   I am surprised with how much details you could fit inside! 2 decks! Just by seeing the exterior pics I wouldn’t have bet on that! Nice work on the ladders, sweet engine room, etc...

More than meets the eye :) Glad you like all those little details.

   Bravo Ryan! Now I know what to do tonight : rent the Revolution, and then think of a ship to join the familly!

Cheers,

JP.

Couldn’t hurt to have more mocs in the group. :) I’m just waiting for a certain other member here to share his own new Matrix custom. Oh, and Jon P still hasn’t finished Yoshimi, hopefully he’ll share it with us all someday. :)

--Ryan W.