 Space / 27805
Re: Wide Moonbase Corridors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 06:20:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Gregory wrote:
Oh, c'mon Nick.  Imagine all of the cryogenically frozen Blacksmith's Wives that
you could fit through wider corridors.  Also, were you or any of these alleged
people who you supposedly walked with wearing space suits with air tanks when
you walked though the doors?  I think not.
    E Ahula Ula ("wider is better" in Hawaiian)
    David "Fuzzy" Gregory

Once we freeze the BDub clones, they're dismembered for transport, so they fit
through the standard door (and dumbwaiters, too).  That slope she's shakin'
snaps right back on upon delivery.

The people I walked with were wearig big Donnie Darko bunny outfits, with the
heads on.  We still walked through the door single file.  Besides, a double wide
door invalidates the ventilation/air flow calculations originally based on the
4-wide opening.  Increasing the aperture width by 50% would result in greater
atmospheric loss between modules, a larger area to secure in case of issues in
neighboring modules, and damn MoonBase punks loitering in the hallway.  You
wanna deal with damn MB punks loitering in the hallway?  No better than Fleebs.
When I see 'em in their sideways/crooked helmets, I say "pleh".  Put yer helmet
on straight, ya punks! *shaking fist*

-nk