 Space / 27713
Re: Wide Moonbase Corridors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:59:11 GMT

Let's see...16 wide would in actuality be 14 wide due to the connector at the
edge of the corridor. This wouldn't be much of a problem at all. The problem
lies with the availability of 6 x 16 light grey plates. Long corridors would
become prohibitively expensive to build.

As I see it, this is what it breaks down into:
Pros:
Wider corridors allow for more detail inside.
minifig walkways and vehicles could now be included in the corridors.
gives greater building variety for those building industrial, medical, or
tourist modules.

Cons:
Only 2 parts could be used for strong floors : 2 x 16 and 6 x 16 plates
$$$ to build
would be difficult to retrofit already built modules
a changing of the 'standard' is likely to push away previous MB builders

Personally, I'm all for it IF it is an addition to the MB project and not a
change to the existing corridors. I'd rather see a corridor addition that
allowed for access to the baseplate, but if this is the way the standard is
moving, I'll work with it.

-Dave