 Space / 2553
Re: Space Stations... (and Space Relations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:35:55 GMT

Charter for Station, codenamed Armstrong

1. Armstrong has its own calendar

...The calendar could also refer to some unnamed 'external source'. 0500CT (calendar time)
for example.

...It could be fun if local station time does not always mesh up with 'time' IE. 'midnite'
would occasionally fall in the middle of what would normally be a ship's day.

2. The planet around which Armstrong orbits has no name

...The planet its around would eventually get a name from the crew if nothing else (and
would prolly get an informal name even if it had a formal one). Is the planet habitable or
not? If not, something like 'Simson's Blunder' or similar would be appropriate. If
habitable, even something like 'dinner' would be fitting (all the food comes from
downside).

...Using new slang is also good for making the reader break from their mindset :-) Don't
refer to metal as 'titanium' refer to it as 'alloy' for example.

3. Armstrong has weapons
4. Armstrong has gravity
5. No faster-than-light travel permitted

...So its strictly in-system only?

6. No forcefields
7. Armstrong is 5 main parts: control center in the middle; medical, landing
bays, sleeping quarters, mess halls, science [lab], and power core; in a 6
pointed star shape
8. Each section of Armstrong has its own .mpd/.dat file to keep down rendering
time - we can certainly share :-)

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
Jain's Guide (http://wildlink.com/lego/jain)