 Space / 14210
Re: A bad taste picture (Re: Space Rocks!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 16:39:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney writes:
I think you should lighten up, but do as you wish, that's just my opinion.
I find it rather silly that you pulled the spirit-of-the-community card here
to add leverage to your capmaign against someone else's joke.

Just because it is a joke doesn't mean it can't offend, annoy, or piss people
off.

People can *take offense* at jokes, *become annoyed* or *become pissed off*.
Jokes don't do the offending or annoying.  Its a choice which is the
responsibility of the person on the receiving end. [1]

If anything has gone too far, I don't think its the joking relationship.  I
think it's threads like this.  Feel free to think otherwise, of course.

-Tim

[1] This is not to say jokes *cannot* go too far, or cannot contain the
intent of offending or annoying.  But offense is taken.