 Space / 14180
Re: A bad taste picture? -- nah! (Re: Space Rocks!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 00:03:47 GMT

Wow. And LFB hits the nail right on the head yet again! What a smart guy!

Space. Rocks!!

--Kyle
http://lego.kepplah.com

  Damien,

  You may find it "distasteful," but actually I found it rather funny.
  I think everyone involved in the "space vs. castle" debate realizes
  that it's tongue-in-cheek (as evidenced by the fact that the only
  real line of reasoning is "Castle!" "Space!" "Castle!" "Space!" and
  the website even indicates that with its "Castle. Bad." line.  In a
  way, they're picking on themselves too.  Were it a profanity-laced
  hateful diatribe or an attack on people involved with .castle,
  then I'd agree with you.  This, however, is harmless and (I think)
  quite creative and constructive an expression.  (After all, a smashed
  LEGO Castle can be rebuilt, bigger and better!)

  So my recommendation is to lighten up.  Nobody here is suggesting
  that castle seriously be done away with; a lot of .spaceheads are
  .castleheads too.  In short, a sense of humor and an appreciation
  of the nuances of this particular gag (which may be harder if your
  primary language is *not* English) will carry you much farther than
  this indignation that in fact propagates the very problem it claims
  to decry.

  best

  LFB (mellowed with those 31 years of clean livin'.)

  PS: How did this thread become about Chris's website and not the
      original topic's picture?